THINGS TO DO IN SANTA FE
Nestled at the foot of the rugged Sangre de Cristo Mountains at an elevation of 7,200 feet in New Mexico's desert highlands, Santa Fe is a city known for its rich blend of Native American, Hispanic, and Anglo cultures and traditions. Guests of Eldorado Hotel & Spa are within walking distance of world-class restaurants, shopping venues, and local attractions such as the Santa Fe Plaza, the Georgia O'Keeffe Museum and the Lensic Performing Arts Center. Minutes away are The Museum of New Mexico and Loretto Chapel's miraculous staircase, a magnificent engineering marvel shrouded in religious mystery.
Year round, Santa Fe activities and events attract people from near and far. Be sure to check calendars of events and ask the concierge for seasonal Santa Fe, NM attractions and activities, whether you’re on a family vacation, visiting solo, or on business.
Santa Fe Travel
As the second oldest city in the United States and with more than a dozen museums, Santa Fe is the perfect destination for history-buffs and art enthusiasts alike. In the midst of it all, Eldorado Hotel & Spa places you at the heart of all to see and do:
- Downtown Santa Fe (1 block)
- Santa Fe Plaza (2 blocks)
- NM History Museum (2 blocks)
- Palace of the Governors (2 blocks)
- New Mexico Museum of Art (Formerly the Museum of Fine Arts) (0.3 miles)
- Georgia O’Keeffe Museum (0.3 miles)
- Loretto Chapel (0.4 miles)
- Cross of the Martyrs (1 mile)
- Canyon Road Galleries (1 mile)
- Ski Santa Fe (16 miles)
- Santa Fe Opera (4.3 miles)
- Bandelier National Monument (22.6 miles)
Ghost Ranch (52.2 miles)
Historic Walks of Santa FeWalk in the footsteps of Spanish, Native American and Old West cultures for an interesting and enriching way to see our fascinating and unique city of Santa Fe. The majority of the guides from “Historic Walks of Santa Fe” are museum docents who comment on the rich history and cultures of Old Santa Fe, including the New Mexico History Museum, St. Francis Cathedral, Loretto Chapel's Miraculous Staircase and one of the oldest mission churches in the U.S. – San Miguel Mission. Daily Historic / Cultural Tours depart from the Eldorado Hotel & Spa at 9:30 am and 1:30 pm.
Learn more about Santa Fe:
Santa Fe with Kids
Children are right at home in Santa Fe, with activities and recreation that abounds. Visit the Eldorado Hotel & Spa with the entire family and spend your trip discovering the countless things to do with the young ones. We'll even treat the kids 5 and under to complimentary breakfast! From kid friendly hiking trails to the Santa Fe Children's Museum, there are more family friendly activities in Santa Fe than ever before. Start your family adventure and see all the sights. Or stop by our Toy Lending Center at the Concierge Desk where you can find books, board games and more.
Looking for family-friendly activities? Here are just a few adventures to enjoy during your next stay:
- Museums, including the Santa Fe Children's Museum, Museum of International Folk Art, El Rancho de las Golondrinas, Palace of the Governors and Casa Grande Trading Post.
- Kid Friendly Adventures, including Santa Fe Fly Fisher's School, Kokopelli Rafting Adventures, Mountain Treasure Hunt, Rock Climbing, and more.
- Playgrounds, for all ages from toddler to elementary, including Genoveva Chavez Community Center, Fort Marcy, Cerro Gordo Park, Salvador Perez Park, Frenchy's Park and Alto Bicentennial Park.